Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Girl's Weekend


I only took two pictures the entire weekend.  This was one of them.  The other is at the bottom of the post.  

I'm way behind on blogging.  I'll probably never catch up, but I couldn't let my amazing Girl's Weekend to Seattle go un-discussed.  Nicki, Christy, Bethany, and I went to Timeout for Women, but most importantly, we got away to relax, shop, and eat good food.  Some highlights:
  • The conference was fabulous.  I learned a lot and was very inspired to be better, not necessarily to do more.
  • Conversation with my girls was fabulous and inspiring as well.  
  • Supporting each other through hard times.  And good times.
  • The food.  Oh my heavens did we eat well.  I know no one else cares, but I'm going to document what we ate, just because it all was so noteworthy.  Friday lunch:  Famous Daves.  Friday night:  Room service.  Saturday lunch:  The most incredible Brazilian sandwich imaginable (pork and pineapple sandwich with cilantro sauce) -- we scored for FREE because they took so long bringing our food.  Saturday dinner:  Cuban vaca frita, probably one of my all-time favorite dishes.  Sunday lunch:  Mediterranean.  Sunday dinner:  Fabulous hamburgers.
  • While we were at dinner we heard the announcement that Osama Bid Laden had been killed.   Let Freedom Ring!
  • Shopping.  What girl's weekend would be complete without some shopping?
  • Sleeping in on Sunday morning.
  • Traveling stress-free with Christy behind the wheel.
  • The beautiful weather.
  • The time Christy tripped over somebody's cardboard box home.

No comments: