We finished the evening at Taco Bell, one of our favorite "restaurants". We especially enjoyed not hearing G complain (he doesn't like TB and calls it "dog food" -- so lame) and not having to wrestle with his little brother (aka "the cat in the paper bag"). We were in heaven eating a dinner only our date could truly appreciate.
Other highlights were:
- Buddy is still young enough that he's not embarrassed to be seen with me or even hold my hand. But he WAS embarrassed when I laughed and made a big deal out of ramming into other bumper boats. He begged me to stop doing that because that's "annoying".
- And he was proud at first when I was the fastest driver on the go-kart track... but became mortified when I accidentally rammed a slow kid-driver in front of me. The workers held up a "last warning" sign to us and he still hasn't stopped talking about it. And when we got out of our go-kart he reported my poor behavior to the manager on duty. Seriously.
- When we lost our locker key and had to go on a "treasure hunt" to find it. What could have been a stressful situation (considering my keys and purse were locked inside), turned out fun because he was my helper.
- Following his lead in the kid playground area. I'm not nearly as agile as I once was, but it was still fun to try to keep up. (Although those things stink something fierce like kid BO. Yikes!)
- The gorgeous sunny weather.
- Not having a plan. Just playing and having fun.
- Loving him. I'm so lucky!