Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Translation:  "I love you all the way to heaven."

I was cleaning up some stuff tonight and ran across this gem from Buddy.  Several weeks before Valentine's Day Buddy asked me who loves him more:  Me or Jesus.  Because I'm an idiot, I told him that Jesus loves Him more.  I was trying to teach him that no matter what he does, Jesus loves him perfectly and completely.  Whereas I lose my patience and get angry, Jesus never does.

Of course that hurt his feelings really bad.  I tried to backpedal, scrambling to find a way to convey how much I love him too.  I told him I love him all the way to the moon and back, as I often do.  He believed me, but was still hurt that I have "limitations" on my love.

A few weeks later, this darling Valentine arrived in my hands.  I feel like a jackass all the time when parenting him, but this really cut deep.

And yes, this would be the 10,982,730th reason I love this boy.  He has no conditions on his love.

2 comments:

Myndi said...

Buddy's tender heart may be his best quality; he is lucky because his personality is rich with wonderful parts!

crazymamma said...

ok that boy really knows how to yank at your heart strings doesnt he! hehehe! you are a wonderful mommy! never forget that!