Thursday, June 9, 2011

Easy 80s

The other night I was getting ready for bed really late.  G was downstairs finishing a movie.  It was so late that the late-night talk shows were over.  Instead of watching my Tivo'd 11:00 news, I got sucked into an infomercial for a collection of CD's of 80's music.   Maybe  I should be ashamed, but I knew and liked most of the "150 most romantic and sensual love songs of the 80's." Blame my parents, I guess.  But I was raised on that music!  I can't help but love it.

For the record, I have never in my life watched an infomercial.  And I am well acquainted with all the hottest music, so I'm not totally stuck in the stone age.  But with each consecutive song, I got more excited.  I hit "record" so I could re-watch the show later.  I called G upstairs to watch with me.  I ran calculations to determine if the $150 pricetag was worth it.  (It's not.)  And since then I've been making a list of songs we need added to our itunes, and I've been hunting down our old music we already have. 

Chicago, Kenny Rogers, Journey, Neil Diamond, Air Supply, Lionel Richie.  The Killers are cool and all, but they are no Lionel Richie. 

No comments: