- I was born and raised in Oregon, and I hate fish. I refuse to eat any sea animals in any shape or form. I know the health benefits, but I just can't do make myself try seafood -- even fried shrimp, salmon, crab legs, or any of the other "fabulous" things G and Buddy try to force me to eat. It's a psychological problem because I've never in fact even tasted seafood. I think it has to do with how sick my mom was after eating fish while I was in utero.
- I love candy, especially sour patch kids. I have an extremely large stash of candy in a bowl on the refrigerator in case I get a hankering. The coolest thing about my stash? I really don't eat much. Maybe a piece of candy a day. But it's there, and when I need candy, I need candy right now. Obviously my candy addiction is psychological too since I hoard it more than I eat it.
- I also am addicted to reality TV. I watch no TV that's not reality or news. My favorites? The Olympics, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Amazing Race, Survivor, Biggest Loser, and the Bachelorette (there I admitted it).
- I also LOVE to eat. I plan my social calendar around food and I wake up every morning thinking about "What's for dinner?" I love to cook and bake -- just love it! Even when I'm pressed for time and have crazy children running all over the place and a meeting to get to and G won't be home for hours and the house is a mess and phone calls to return... I'll drop everything to make a delicious dinner. Dinner is one of my biggest (if not my biggest) priority in life.
- I love flowers and plants and I love gardening. I wish I had more of a "designer's eye" when it comes to landscaping and I wish I made gardening as much of a priority as I make food.
- I love babies and little kids. It's probably a huge blessing that I'm "infertile" because if I weren't (and G would let me), I'd keep having babies. And then they'd grow up and I wouldn't have the patience for them anymore. I know I couldn't handle a lot of kids because I'm way to rigid, controlling, and impatient. But if I was my very best self, I'd have a lot. So thank goodness for primary children and friends who have babies to keep me happy. And thank goodness for my precious two who happen to the best kids ever!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
A Few Things About Me
Nicki tagged me to list six random things about me. I'm pretty easy to read (I think), so I bet all of you already know these things.