There are two things you must know about me before reading any further. First of all, I absolutely detest the snow. I have never appreciated it. Although G is a die-hard ski and snowboarding enthusiast, I have absolutely no desire to try. I don't enjoy the looks of snow, I hate being cold, living in Utah drove me nuts, I hate driving in it, I hate how it ruins travel plans, and no, I don't like sledding either. And I'm totally secure in the fact that all that information makes me rather un-cool. So what.
Another thing about me: I have been trying to devise a sneaky plan where I tell everyone I'm going on vacation, make arrangements for church, etc and then stay home and do nothing for a week. Everyone will think I'm gone so I won't have any responsibilities and the phone won't ring. I tried to convince G to let me do this over Thanksgiving, but he thought that was ridiculous.
So I've just experienced my dream week and it was all the results of a huge winter storm that hit our area with several inches of snow and ice. So I'm changing my tune about snow. I think I might LOVE it now.
Here are the highlights of my week.
- I only got dressed once this week. I've worn my pajamas every day for over a week!
- I've sat on the couch either reading or watching TV for hours this week.
- I've made delicious meals for dinner every night.
- I even made the decision on Monday that I was going to gamble on the weather and not plan my very big Christmas sharing time that I was in charge of. Nor was I going to break my back and coordinate Christmas gifts/handwritten notes for 140 teachers and Primary children. This is totally unlike me to procrastinate or blow something like that off, and it felt WONDERFUL!!!!!
- I did a little scrapbooking.
- I've played with my children for hours, talked to them, read to them, sat there and watched them and never once felt like I should be doing anything else.
- I vacuumed under the couch cushions (a 15 minute project I've been meaning to get to for a year. But who has time to do cleaning that is never noticed?)
- I baked cookies.
- I took more naps than I can count.
- I went to bed super late every night and slept in every morning. My dream schedule.
- I had two girls' nights because the evenings tended to be a bit better weather-wise than the mornings/days.
- We had no church two weeks in a row!!!!!!
- I watched Buddy re-arrange the ornaments on the Christmas tree at least 300-400 times a day.
- Have I mentioned I sat on the couch for hours each day?
Buddy's rosy cheeks after our walk last night.
This was the best Christmas gift I could have ever received. A wonderfully amazingly relaxing week. And to think we've now received 8 inches of new snow and a sheet of ice over the top plus it's Christmas and my birthday and my sister is coming into town -- so this coming week is looking pretty enjoyable too.