Monday, March 16, 2009

One Room Down Several More to Go (updated)

I finally got around to painting and decorating the boys' room. It just happens to be the easiest room, since I already had the paint and decor.
We used the same color that we used in our last house because I already knew I loved it. I have the philosophy that if you find something that works, you stick with it. The blue walls are the color of the sky in Utah, which was pretty much my favorite part of living there (besides BYU and Cafe Rio, of course.)
Since I am terrible at choosing paint colors, it was an easy choice. And I must say, it turned out great, especially with the white trim. I have painting OCD and it was much easier to get a perfectly straight ceiling line in this house, I'll tell you that.

And Buddy is really happy with the beach/shark theme, which is great news considering he's been very slow to warm up to the new house. This has definitely helped.

Update:

I forgot to include the most exciting part of the story. We had two minor catastrophes while painting. The first day Buddy was sitting on the bed watching me and he somehow fell off the bed right into the paint pan. By some miracle, no paint got on the carpet, which is how I got the photo.
The next day I had box full of painting garbage to be taken out when G got home (in like 15 minutes). While I was making dinner, Sambo got into it. There was painter's tape and other trash all over the place. But I didn't think too much of it until he walked past me with a wet stir stick in his hands. And that's when I noticed the wet painted hand prints on the carpet and hardwood floors. And all over his clothes. Unfortunately, I sprung into cleanup mode and didn't get a chance to take a photo. So you'll have to use your imagination.

Now onto the next room...

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I love it! Do you want to come paint my girl's room?!

Myndi said...

Can you please come and paint every single room in my house? Thanks.