Thursday, November 5, 2009

At Least Two People are Getting Some Sleep Around Here

First things first: Happy November! It's National Adoption Month!

Today my celebrations included:
  • Hugging and Kissing my boys about a million times.
  • Wearing my Courage necklace which reminds me of all sorts of adopted-related things.
  • Buying a new shirt because I deserve it. And I need to look halfway decent tomorrow.
  • Finishing up last-minute preparations for the conference tomorrow and Saturday
  • Writing my congressmen to request they support HR 213, which will make the adoption tax credit permanent.
I still have a lot to blog about including: Another project almost completed. My big surprise project that I still need to tell you about. Some interesting things the boys have been up to. And since it's Adoption Month, I'm supposed to be blogging about adoption. I promise I will do that next week.

In the meantime, please enjoy my token Halloween pics. We had a GREAT Halloween, by the way including grandma and grandpa visiting from Nevada, and my brother and parents coming over for the evening. And I got a new hairdo. (I promise, it's true. But don't get your hopes up. It's subtle.)


And.... The crib-jumping saga is over. Thank goodness because that was a really frustrating 10 days. No, we didn't purchase a crib tent. We just gave in and let the boys sleep together. Buddy has always struggled to fall asleep quickly -- but not anymore. Who knew that all he needed was a little brother to kick him in the back for an hour straight and that would be the ticket. Whatever works, I guess. I'm not joking when I say they have been sleeping marvelously.

Two little monkeys sleeping in the bed.

No comments: