Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thank You


The conference is over.

I'm not even tired -- it's weird.

To say it was phenomenal would be a huge understatement.


I'm so full of joy and reverence for the adoption experience and for those that shared their stories this weekend. We had birth parents, adoptive parents, adoptees, attorneys, caseworkers, general authorities come. One by one they shared their feelings about adoption. Each person came at the experience from a different angle, but each one came with a message of hope. They all spoke with emotional and boldness that adoption can and will bless all parties involved.

I know for certain that I will joyfully and thankfully look back on this experience for years to come. Both because of the experience I gained in putting all the details together -- but mostly because of the reassurance I felt that my family is being created by divine design. There is a blueprint for my family and each member has arrived in just the way there were supposed to.

Adoption is an extremely complex process. Emotionally, logistically, financially, spiritually, and legally. But it's purpose is simple: Love.

I am so in love with my boys' birth mothers. The lessons I learned this weekend are swirling around in my mind and there just aren't explanations or even metaphors to describe that love I have for them. Not to mention the love they have for their babies.

But I am thankful and I hold those feelings close to my heart. And I'm especially thankful that the two boys who are at the center of all this love will always know that they are loved and wanted.

3 comments:

R said...

You are simply amazing for all that you do and stand for.

Love, Dad

crazymamma said...

I totally agree with R! Michelle u are an amazingily amazing person! You continually amaze me with all that you take on and conquer! I am soo happy it went soo well this weekend! I cant wait to hear all about it!

J said...

It's funny, I was planning on saying pretty much the same thing Dad said. You have always amazed me at all you are able to do. And to do it with every once of energy you have; never holding back. I have a feeling someone is looking down on you and is very please with what you've done. Nice work and keep it up. I can't wait to see what you're going to do next.