Friday, October 22, 2010

One This Day

I was talking to my sister the other day about her new life as a mother of two.  Her oldest is quite a handful, and I say that in the most loving way.  You see, my oldest was quite a handful too, so I sympathize.  Except her situation is harder.  After all, I didn't move my "handful" across the country, or have a baby when he was two-and a half years old.  Bless my sister's heart.  No really, she needs blessings. 

Anyway, I was looking at old pictures for a project I am working on.  I was curious to see what Buddy looked like at the age Sambo is right now -- on the verge of turning three.  Sambo is soooooooooo much easier (and smaller) than Buddy was at this age, it's just unreal. So I scrolled through my pictures looking for Buddy on October 22, 2006. 

And this is what I found.  Doesn't he just look like a little punk?  Cutest little punkface I've ever seen, though.  And it was fortunate he was cute because I doubt he would have survived the stage he was in at the time of this picture, if it weren't for that precious face. 

Things do get better, Myndi.

2 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

did you sister have another baby? congrats to her - good thing she has you!

Myndi said...

Thanks for this. If you could know the few days we've had, and the night we had last night. Oh dear. So, seriously, thanks for this. The timing is perfect. I told Mom today that I just need faith that things will get better and that would get me through this really hard stuff right now.

By the way, my first thought before I read the post, just looking at the picture was, "Oh, what a beautiful boy."