Monday, October 8, 2012

Happiness

Another craptastic week/month.  But there were a few good things from the past few days:

  • Glorious fall weather.  We've had temps in the mid-70's for a few weeks and it's been so nice.  I put my face in the sun every afternoon and I think that vitamin D has seriously prevented the loony bin.
  • How much joy Halloween decorations bring my boys.  They LOVE everything about Halloween and have taken great care to make our front porch the scariest on the street.
  • The candy bouquet that appeared on my porch today.  (thank you)
  • Speaking of candy.  The large amounts of candy, caffeine, hamburgers, and pizza I've consumed in the past few weeks.  
  • Weight loss despite all the crap I've been eating.  Unfortunately, stress is the only way I lose weight, but I'll take it, I guess.
  • Our dinner conversations with the boys.  So, so funny.
  • General Conference weekend.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  Wearing my pajamas all weekend, snuggling on the couch with my family, and listening to uplifting messages from inspired leaders.  Honestly, what could be better?
  • Tickets to see The Killers in a few weeks.
  • And this is probably a really bad habit, but I've been taking epic naps every Monday after dropping Buddy off to school.  Maybe it's the Monday nap that's prevented the loony bin actually.

No comments: