Monday, October 27, 2008

Snow and Music



I had been looking forward to last weekend for a while. There are a few things in life that I live for. I got to do two of them this weekend.

Friday Night: For the last few years, I have been attending the annual Warren Miller ski movie. To anyone who hasn't ever been to this event, it is symbolic in that it represents the kick-off of the ski season. This year was no exception. The skiing and snowboarding was incredible, the soundtrack rocked, and everyone there was excited. The tricks some of the people were pulling were amazing. Makes me wish I were 10 years younger and had a lot more athletic ability.

Saturday Night: A number of months ago I was at one of my sister's house and we were checking out the free music videos that were on demand on cable. We watched a video from a band called Against Me! out of Gainesville, Florida. From the first time I heard them, I loved them. The music rocks. I managed to get all of their CDs and listen to them constantly. Saturday night they played at the Roseland in Portland. The show was incredible. The band was tight, the music was rockin, and the energy was high. I think a good time was had by all. I couldn't help but reminisce of the college days with my own punk rock band.

1 comment:

hempr said...

Dude, I wanted to go to that film. However, it was our anniversary that weekend and the wife would have none of warren miller for our anniversary.