Monday, November 10, 2008

Blast from the Past

A while ago, my mother got a recordable DVD player. We had asked her to transfer some of our old VHS videos onto DVDs. One particular tape I had was full of videos that I shot with my cousin. We were teenagers and it was fun to make up things to film. We thought we were super funny and creative.

A couple of nights ago, M and I were sitting on the couch and I decided to pull out the DVD. I had remembered laughing hysterically at some of our fake commercials and our three-part series about a banana named Mr. Bananahead. As the DVD was playing, M could not stop laughing. She wasn't laughing at the content of the videos, she was laughing at me. She kept saying things like "well, it's a good thing we didn't meet when we were teenagers" and "did your friends really think you were cool?" Long story short, I ended up fast-forwarding through most of it and vowed that next time I decide to watch old videos, I will either view it by myself or with my cousin. There was only one word to describe it: AWKWARD.

2 comments:

Myndi said...

Or maybe 5 words: FOR CRYING IN THE NIGHT

That is so funny M says that to you. I say the exact same thing to L: "It's a good thing we didn't meet when we were in high school...we would've hated each other." I would have though L was a total drug-induced LOSER and he would have thought I was ugly (and maybe a little chubby:( I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Mandy said...

"Who's that kid with the Oreo cookie...dunkin' all the oreos in a big glass of milk." Yep that and the cornflakes commercial were my favorites. Although nothing tops the Mr. Bananahead were you supposed to run him over but missed. Oh and how Matt accidentally filmed Mr. Bananahead with no clothes.