Friday, October 2, 2009

Updates

Remember my post about Buddy's and the Lexus? Well, we were driving along the other day again and he spotted exactly what he had in mind.

Buddy: Mom, there's a really pretty Lexus. That's what I'm going to get my girl.
Me: Excuse me? What did you say?
Buddy: That's the kind of Lexus I'm going to get my girl. You know, my wife.

G does NOT call me "his girl" so I have no idea where that came from. But several days later, I'm still laughing.

* * *

Buddy has a pretty good idea who his wife will be now. Her name is Hannah and they've known each other since KinderReadiness. Her mailbox is right above his in their classroom. He tells me about her every day when he comes home from school.

However, a little girl now rides the bus to school with Buddy and her mom told me she'd like her daughter to marry him. And as far as I'm aware, she's made that decision for her daughter WITHOUT the knowledge that Buddy will buy her daughter a Lexus. So he's definitely got options.

* * *

The kids were rummaging around in the Halloween bin yesterday. I tried the lion toddler costume we had on Sambo. Darling! And Buddy decided to try the elephant costume on that he wore when he was 11 months old. Hilarious! He's hardly changed in these past five years!

Buddy -- almost 1 year old

Buddy -- almost 6 years old

* * *

I have been very fortunate that my boys don't fight. Sambo has no patience and screams if he doesn't get his way. But for some reason, Buddy always obliges. If Sambo ruins his Legos or rips his papers, Buddy doesn't really mind. He'll sigh all dramatic-like, but it's not a big deal.

That changed this week when I pulled out our bin of Thomas the Trains. Buddy spent his life between the ages of 18 months and 3 1/2 years old totally obsessed with all things Thomas. But since then, the trains have mostly been stored away. We get them out every once in awhile, but not too often. This week the weather changed to cooler, so I had to think of something that would entertain Sambo while Buddy was at school (since he is NOT entertained by me). Those trains were the ticket and he is on the verge of obsessed now too. However, the sight of those tracks and trains must have brought back happy memories or something because Buddy has been thoroughly enjoying building all sorts of elaborate tracks too, which Sambo promptly ruins. Then Sambo gets super mad when Buddy touches any of the trains. For the first time, they have been at each other. Buddy is frustrated and Sambo is selfish. It's not a good combination.

But at least I know my boys are normal.

The boys right before a big fight broke out over the Thomas Trains

3 comments:

Myndi said...

"TOOOOT!" says Hippo.

Translation: "Cute!"

The Halloween costume I want to buy Hippo this year is $60. I don't know what I'm going to do because all other costumes I've found for reasonable prices pale considerably in the "TOOOT"ness comparison.
Except of course the flaming hot pink unicorn costume I found at Costco. But that would be cruel, too cruel.

R said...

Can't wait for the dudes to come trick or treating!

Nicki said...

Cutest thing ever :)