Monday, February 14, 2011

Up to No Good

Buddy lost his first tooth... finally.  He had a dentist appointment three weeks ago and he predicted he'd lose it around Valentine's day. And he did!  He looks really cute, but I wish he'd stop growing up.

During the sacrament yesterday Buddy leaned over and whispered, "Would it be OK if I pointed my middle finger at Satan?"

I had to give that some serious thought.  Eventually I suggested he focus on doing good rather than being mean.

I had a profound insight yesterday.  Sambo is super sweet.  I don't know how to explain it other than to say everything he does is precious and darling.  But sometimes he reveals a side of himself that is so not sweet.  His temper tantrums and bad moods swing so far away from sweet, it's actually really amusing.  However, no matter how foul his mood, he very rarely rattles me.  His personality is the perfect compliment to mine.  It occurred to me yesterday that he's like sour patch kid.  And in case you didn't know, I adore sour patch kids.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

J said...

I point my middle finger at a lot of people but I've never thought to direct it towards Satan. I'll have to try that next time he rears his ugly head.

Myndi said...

Congrats about the tooth, what a sweet Valentine's treat--he'll never forget when he lost his first tooth!

And, the middle finger situation...your response was amazing but seriously, the way that kid thinks makes my day.