Thursday, March 22, 2012

Updated Adoption Profile

I think talking openly about adoption benefits not only our little family, but society as a whole.  For so many years adoptions were closed and those involved were cloaked in shame, either for being adopted or placing a baby for adoption. I am so thankful that my boys are not growing up in that era.  Fortunately, adoption culture has changed and more and more people have experienced the miracles and blessings of adoption and are willing to share those stories.  My boys know it's cool to be adopted.  I hope they never feel ashamed of that part of their history.

We gave our online adoption profile a serious overhaul a few weeks ago.  You can see that here.  Today I made a video to continue to share our hope to adopt.  We started the process to adopt this third baby three years ago.  While we knew it would take a long time now that are no longer "young," we also knew we would need to do our best to advocate for ourselves and to enlist the help of our friends.  We are eager and ready to find our next baby.  Please help us by praying and spreading the word.  Thanks!

8 comments:

Nicki said...

That video had me in tears, it was absolutely beautiful. Baby #3 will be coming into an incredible family!

Nicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

What a touching and fabulous video. I will share your profile page, and hope that the right someone will read it.

Myndi said...

I cried through that whole video. The boys in their suits made my heart explode.

J said...

I had chills through this entire video. You guys are the most amazing parents and I look up to you guys so much. We will keep you in our prayers.

Tahsha

crazymamma said...

so ....i am a complete bawl of tears over here. I have had such an emotional week. this video has brought back soo many memories....baby #3 is going to be so blessed to make it to your loving arms. I cannot get over how amazing you and your cute little fam are. I cried tears of happines..tears of i miss you..tears of i wish i was there hugging those adorable little boys...tears of heartache..tears of joy. i just loved that video..and i am so blessed to call you my friend. most of all though..i cannot wait to share this video..is there a way i can share this on my facebook page?

Robison Fam. said...

Beautiful video. Beautiful Family. I too, was in tears and could feel the wonderful spirit that must be in your home. I know you will be blessed with another little one and will continue to pray for you and your family!

J said...

That was so touching I couldn't keep myself together right from the start. I love the song and keep hearing it everywhere I go.