Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thank Goodness for Comic Relief

Sorry for the lack of posting. I have lots of things to talk about. But no time.

Anyway, thank goodness for funny kids. I told you about how Buddy has been so great lately. Hyper -- but so helpful and terrifically behaved. Ironically, though, he's been praying almost every night that he "can be in a better mood tomorrow." I think he's confusing his own mood with mine, if you get what I'm saying.

I was in a really bad mood today. Oh, it was real doosy. (I'll tell you why in a few days.) G was still at work during dinner so I separated myself from the boys to give myself a "break." The sound of them chewing was annoying me and yet they were doing nothing wrong. So I put myself on the couch while the kids were in the next room eating. Imagine my annoyance when Buddy starts in with knock-knock jokes.

Buddy: Knock-Knock
Me: Who's there?
Buddy: Sambo
Me: Sambo who?
Buddy: Sambo who is throwing his broccoli onto the carpet.

In case that didn't come across as funny in written text as it was in person, the child has a gift for comic relief. This is precisely why I adore him.

I told Buddy to tell Sambo to stop it. I was taking a "break," remember so I didn't want to get up off the couch to stop the situation myself. When I finally got up, this is what I found:

Sambo is only 13 months and doesn't respond to anything we say, so I'm sure it was pure coincidence that he stopped throwing food on the floor and instead stuffed it aside for an easier cleanup on my part. Still, pretty dang funny.

2 comments:

Myndi said...

You do have "golden" children. What baby does that? Plus, I'm glad Buddy appreciates a good 'knock, knock' joke like I do--I laughed out loud.

We've started saying, "NO!" to Hippo. He laughs at us and then continues the naughty behavior. Grrrrrrrr...soooo frustrating.

R said...

So the kids' chewing sounds were getting to you. Do the words "Stop smacking!" ring a bell? Somethings never change!